Monday, January 19, 2009

I Love Quilting

One I am working on now called "Tossed Nine Patch". I love this one. I'm using up alot of my scraps and it looks complicated but actually it's really simple.



An unfinished Christmas Wall Hanging called "A Night In Bethlehem" Luckily I have 11 more months to finish it.



My pride and joy " Trip Around the World". I considered myself an advanced quilter after finishing this one but actually it also was much simpler to put together than I thought.



Close up...



Most of the quilts I've made are in my daughter's possession. I've made quilts for her, my grandbaby and her dog. And then there are others I've given as gifts to other people. I should do better in documenting them.

5 comments:

CAROLSmilesBRIGHT said...

I have taken a couple classes here in escondido.... Quilters Paradise. its fun. if you go to any specialty/privately owned quilting shop they usually have classes. I like your Trip Around the World... lots of piecing

Tina said...

Thanks for sharing your quilts. Fun to see what you've been up to! Your fabrics are beautiful. I haven't tried that "Tossed Nine Patch" yet, but it looks like a fun one.

ferntyler said...

That Tossed Nine Patch does look hard - I'll just trust you that it's not. I didn't even know you were a quilter, impressive!

CAROLSmilesBRIGHT said...

i actually have a quilting journal. i got it at joanne's... its helped me keep track of my quilts a lot better... and i made a separate blog for them as well... lots of ways to remember every project completed (or not)

diane said...

I didn't know you are a quilter, though I'm not surprised as you are multi-talented. It's fun to see your beautiful work.